CLEI is the main yearly Latin American informatics and computer science forum for exchanging ideas, experiences and research results among researchers, practitioners, and students. CLEI 2016 will consist of nine (9) thematic symposia and several keynotes, workshops, tutorials, and panels.
CLEI 2016 calls for papers reporting results of a theoretical nature and/or practice that advance the state of the art or present relevant applications or cases in the areas of interest of the symposia or associated events. It aims for a mixed academic and industrial audience.
Paper submission deadline: May 15, 2016
CFP - Extended deadline: May 30, 2016
Notification of acceptance: July 12, 2016
Final version submission: August 16, 2016
INFORMATION FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
Articles can be written in Spanish, Portuguese or English, and should be sent in PDF format prior to
May 15, 2016 May 30, 2016 through the CLEI 2016 website (www.clei.org/clei2016) using the JEMS platform (https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2523).
* Submitted papers must present original research results or relevant experience reports, and should not be published or under evaluation for other conferences and/or journals. An article can be sent to only one symposium or associated event. Submitting the same article to several symposia or associated events will be basis for rejection.
* Submissions should not exceed 12 pages, including figures, references and an abstract of 150 words in some official language of CLEI 2016 (English, Spanish, or Portuguese), Sheet size: A4. All submissions must have an abstract in English, and must be formatted according to the IEEE standard referenced in the CLEI 2016 website.
* Submitted papers must be substantial intellectual contributions of the authors, and follow nti-plagiarism practices set out in the CLEI Authors Behavior Code (Código de Conducta de Autores de CLEI, www.clei.org/index.php/reglamento/codigo-de-conducta-para-autores-clei).
* The final program and the proceedings will only include papers with at least one author registered in the AUTHOR category of the conference before final version submission deadline.
* A selection of the best papers presented at the CLEI 2016 symposia will be fast-tracked for publication in selected journals, including the CLEI Electronic Journal (www.clei.org/cleiej) and Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (www.entcs.org); the journals list is growing as of this time. Authors of invited articles must submit a version, in English and improved and expanded (at least 30%), to undergo the journal evaluation process.
* Articles accepted and presented at the symposia of CLEI 2016 will be indexed and published by IEEE Xplorer digital library (pending). No-shows will not be published; presentation by non-authors must be authorizes case-by-case by the general program chairs.
INFORMATION FOR TUTORIALS and PROPOSALS
CLEI 2016 invites the submissions of proposal for half-day or full-day tutorials, to comprehensively introduce or present state-of-the-art for a particular topic, for an industrial, academic or mixed audience.
The tutorial proposal should be sent in PDF format, through the JEMS platform https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2523, including the following information:
- Title of the Tutorial
- Content summary
- Target Audience
- Brief CVs of the presenters
- Language of instruction (English, Portuguese or Spanish)
CLEI 2016 SIMPOSIA and CHAIRS
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality, and Image Processing
- Miguel Carrasco (UAI, Chile)
- Esteban Clua (UFF, Brasil)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Computing and Society
- Carla Taramasco (UV, Chile)
- Álvaro Fernández (ULS, Perú)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Infrastructure, Hardware and Software
- Luciano Ahumada (UDP, Chile)
- Yván Tupac (UCSP, Perú)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Software Engineering
- Ricardo Gacitúa (UFRO, Chile)
- Nelly Condori-Fernández (Netherlands)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Operation Research & Artificial Intelligence
- Ricardo Soto (PUCV, Chile)
- Diego Pinto (UNA, Paraguay)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Large Scale Information Systems
- Alfonso Rodríguez (UBB, Chile)
- Andrea Delgado (UdelaR, Uruguay)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Data Management Systems
- Marcelo Mendoza (UTFSM, Chile)
- José Emilio Labra (U.Oviedo, España)
* Lat.Am.Symp. on Theory of Computation
- Rodrigo Paredes (U.Talca, Chile)
- Cristian López (ULaSalle, Per˙)
* XXIV Simposio Educación Superior en Computación (SIESC)
- Héctor Allende-Cid (PUCV, Chile)
- Tony Clear (AUC, New Zealand)
* II Latin American Contest of Doctoral Thesis (CLTD)
- Sergio Ochoa (U.Chile)
- Rodrigo Santos (UNS, Argentina)
* XXIII Latin American Contest of Master Thesis (CLTM)
- Luca Cernuzzi (UCA, Paraguay)
- Adenilso Simao (ICMC Sao Carlos, Brasil)
- Alethia Hume (UCA, Paraguay)
* VIII Latin American Women in Computing Congress(LAWCC)
- Marcela Varas (U.Concepción, Chile)
- Gabriela Marín (UCR, Costa Rica)
* V Workshop in Accreditation and Nomenclature of Computing Programs (WNAPC)
- Yadran Eterovic (PUC, Chile)
- Ariel Sabaguero (UdelaR, Uruguay)
* IV Simposio de Historia de la Informática de América Latina y el Caribe (SHIALC)
- Raul Carnota (UTFSM, Chile)
- Juan Álvarez (U.Chile, Chile)
General Program Chairs:
- Dr. Cristian Rusu, (PUCV, Chile) [email@example.com]
- Dr. Ernesto Cuadros-Vargas, Perú [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Dr. Claudio Cubillos, Chile [email@example.com]
CLEI 2016 will be held in Valparaíso, Chile, on October 10-14. CLEI is jointly organized by Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (PUCV.cl) and Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (UTFSM.cl). Additional information can be found in www.clei.org/clei2016.
Descargar documento | Ver formatos IEEE