This web page contains instructions for authors of articles accepted in the eight Latin American symposia, LAWCC, SHIALC, CLTM and CLTD about how to prepare and submit the final version of their manuscripts for publication in CLEI Proceedings.
Articles invited to ENTCS journal and CLEI Electronic Journal will receive specific instructions by email later. These authors must also follow the instructions on this site and send the final version of their article for publication in CLEI Proceedings.
In addition, articles accepted in the eight Latin American symposia and SIESC and presented during the conference will be indexed and published by IEEE Xplore.
It is important that authors of accepted articles follow the steps specified below ( see details on each in the following sections below):
Failure to comply with all required elements by August 16, 2016 will result in the deletion of the article from the technical program of the conference (CLEI 2016 Proceedings).
Step 2 – Format the final version of your article according to IEEE style:
Formatting instructions provided in this section should be followed strictly for your article to be included in the proceedings of CLEI 2016. Please read these instructions carefully identifying those that apply to the symposium or event which corresponds to your article.
- - The final version of your article should not exceed 12 pages, including a summary of up to 150 words, keywords, figures, acknowledgments, and references .
- ONLY FOR articles accepted in the eight Latin American symposia and SIESC
- must have a single title ( in English ), ONE summary (in English ), and a single list of keywords (in English ) . That is , if your article is written in Spanish or Portuguese, the title, abstract , and the list of keywords must be in English. Do not put a second title ( in Spanish or Portuguese ) , or a second summary (in Spanish or Portuguese ), or a second list of keywords ( in Spanish or Portuguese ).
A copyright notice should be included at the bottom - left of the first page of each article in accordance with the general rules set out in Cataloging / Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding . Detailed instructions can be found in http://www.ieee.org/portal/pages/about/documentation/copyright/cfrmlink.html
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5090-1633-4/16/$31.00 ©2016 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5090-1633-4/16/$31.00 ©2016 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5090-1633-4/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE
- ONLY FOR articles accepted in associated events LAWCC, SHIALC, CLTM and CLTD:
- If the article is written in Spanish or Portuguese, you should have two abstracts. The first abstract must be in English and the other in the language of the article ( Spanish or Portuguese) . The article title should be in the same language as the article. That is, you can not put the title of your article in English if the article is written in Spanish or Portuguese.
- The reference format for the final version of the articles is the IEEE standard (Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings):
- Submit articles on two columns, simple line spacing, with letter size page ( 8.5 "x 11").
- The title of the figures should be centered below them.
- The title of tables should be centered above them.
- Use IEEE style for references.
- Verify that figures and tables have a high resolution and their text can be read easily. Articles whose figures or tables have a low resolution will be removed from the technical program of the conference.
- - Do not place page numbers to your manuscript.
- - Do not apply security settings to your PDF file.
- - only PDF files (preferably generated by the IEEE PDF eXpress service ) are accepted.
Step 3 – Generate a compatible PDF file for your article using the PDF eXpress service
The final version of articles should be submitted as a PDF file compatible with IEEE Xplore . Even if you can create a compatible IEEE Xplore PDF file with other media, you must use IEEE PDF eXpress service to verify compatibility.
PDF eXpress is a free service for IEEE conferences, enabling authors to generate compatible PDF files with IEEE Xplore ( conversion function ) or verify that PDF files the authors have generated are compatible with IEEE Xplore ( check function ) .
If you want to submit a file to PDF eXpress source for conversion , PDF eXpress converts the following types of PDF files :
Instructions for using PDF eXpress :
If you already have an account with PDF eXpress , access the PDF eXpress website by clicking here and using 39260XP as conference ID.
If you do not already own PDF eXpress account , you can create one using the following steps:
Now that you have an PDF eXpress account, for each article to generate do the following:
Note 1: The PDF eXpress website contains instructions, resources, and support. Through your PDF eXpress account, you can submit your source files ( e.g. , DOC or DOCX ) to be converted to PDF, and / or submit PDF files for verification. If there is a problem with your file, you will receive an email detailing the problem. Otherwise , the system will send an email with the PDF file compatible with IEEE Xplore . Double check the generated PDF file before loading it into JEMS, especially its structure ( layout ) and the graphic resolution of the figures. If your compatible PDF file with IEEE Xplore is well, is the PDF file to be loaded into JEMS.
If you have questions about PDF eXpress, contact the help desk by sending an email IEEE a PDFsupport@ieee.org. If you have technical questions related to PDF eXpress website, contact the service by sending an email to email@example.com.
Note 2: PDF eXpress is not an article collection system and does not replace JEMS. Once verified that you have an IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file you must upload your file to JEMS before August 16, 2016.
Step 4 – Complete and sign the Copyright
The author responsible for each accepted in the eight Latin American symposia and SIESC must complete the copyright form no later than August 16, 2016 for the article to be indexed by IEEE Xplore.
This time, the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form - eCF system will be used. When filling in the form, it is important to check that the title and authors of the article are identical with the final manuscript. Otherwise the article may not be published by IEEEXplore. Please follow the steps in the following link (http://clei2016.cl/copyright/) and finally you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of the completed copyright form.
Step 5 – Upload the final version of the article in JEMS
The final version of your article should be uploaded through JEMS until August 16, 2016 for inclusion in the technical program of the conference ( CLEI Proceedings ).
Before uploading the final version of your article, check that you did not add page numbers and that figures and tables have a high resolution. Also, check that you used the IEEE style for references and that the article is in letter format ( 8.5 "x 11"). Articles accepted in the eight Latin American symposia and SIESC should have a unique title, one abstract, and a single list of keywords (the three in English only).
Articles accepted in associated events such as LAWCC, SHIALC, CLTM and CLTD written in Spanish or Portuguese should have the title in the same language of the article and two summaries, one in the language of the article and other in English .
Also check having formatted the final version of the article in a PDF file compatible with IEEE Xplore . For this reason, you must use PDF eXpress to generate or verify the PDF file of your article (see Step 3 ) . IEEE Xplore reserves the right not to publish non compatible articles or that not follow format guidelines.
It is important to remember that one of the authors must present the article in the conference, otherwise the article will be published only in the CLEI proceedings but not in IEEE Xplore.
Step 6 – Register to the conference
Every article must have associated a registration in the Author category . To register, please visit clei2016.cl/Inscripcion.html, Registration option.